National Flagfest - The Kick-Off to Flag Football
“Mini-Camp Experience in Canton”
by The Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy
A Special Place for Today’s Flag Football Team and a Rite of Passage for Today’s Young Flag Athlete
There is a special place where football, the Game and its Values, are taught by NFL Legends and Hall of Famers, where individuals become teams, and where young athletes are transformed through life-changing football experiences at the most inspiring place on earth.
This special place is called the Pro Football Hall of Fame Village – a $600 million dollar world-class football facility.
And now, the new Village serves the rest of the football world including our national flag football community.
Flag football is one of the fastest growing segments of sports in America with thousands of teams playing across the country. Flag football is safe, exciting and competitive.
As tackle football teams unite through “camp” every year to start the season, there is now a “Mini-Camp” experience created just for flag teams to call their own.
“You are Going to Canton” is what you always hear on television. Canton stands for the best. For the young flag football athlete, Mini-Camp in Canton provides skill training, game competition and values that will last a life-time.
For flag teams, Mini-Camp in Canton provides an exciting team experience that bonds, inspires and provides memories for a life-time. The Flag Fest tournament provides for an exciting bracket style flag jamboree for all teams.
For coaches, parents and families, Mini-Camp provides a football-filled experience, where they can re-learn the game from Gold Jacket Hall of Famers, NFL coaching greats and football legends.
This is the new rite of passage for the young flag athlete, where flag teams come together from all over the world in a safe, exciting and instructional setting at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Village.
This one of a kind experience features the world renowned Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy coaching staff and their new football curriculum that trains top NFL draft choices, the nation’s top 4 and 5 star preps and top middle school athletes.
Your team’s Mini-Camp in Canton weekend will feature:
- Team Parade at Opening Session
- Skill Instruction by position by the Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy Team
- Flag Fest - 5 Games Minimum (4 pool and 1 bracket) plus a playoff and championship round if your team qualifies.
- Branded Team Jersey Set
HOF'er Rod Woodson instructing campers.
Break-Out Sessions by:
- Coaching Legend Herman Boone from the Disney movie Remember the Titans
- NFL Head Coaching Great Sam Wyche
- Gold Jacket Hall of Famer and the “Football for Life” Character Curriculum
NFL Coaching Legend Sam Wyche teaching.
Join us this summer with your team for this special football experience.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame Village
Mini-Camp Session 1: July 28th – July 30th, 2017
Mini-Camp Session 2: August 11th – 13th, 2017
85 Per Session (see age breakdown below)
Athletes Per Team:
Between 5 - 10 Athletes, Up to 2 Coaches (1 Head and 1 Assistant Coaches)
- Skill Instruction by the Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy
- Skill Competitions
- Athlete Jersey and Welcome Bag
- Free Admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Breakouts with Herman Boone from Remember the Titans, former NFL Head Coach Sam Wyche and Hall of Famerer
- Flag Fest - 5 Games (4 Pool and 1 Bracket) with referees and playoff and championship play for qualifying teams
- Team Parade – Opening Ceremony
- Team Building Program led by the Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy
- Movie Night – Remember the Titans
- Team Picture with Gold Jacket Hall of Famer
- Branded Golf Shirt
- Coaches-Only Night with former NFL Head Coach Sam Wyche
- The Art of Film-Breakdown by former NFL Coaches
- Football 101 Coaching Clinic by the Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy
Lodging Options: Click here for Hotel Reservations.
Team Investment: $1,550 per Team
Registration Opens: January 15, 2017
First Come, First Serve (wait listing occurred last year)
Click here for Registration Instructions.
What you'll be saying about Flagfest
Team Divisions and Age Requirements
The Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy enthusiastically supports the mission of NFL Flag Powered by USA Football.
As the NFL regional and national flag tournaments provide an exciting ending to the season, our National Flag Fest and Mini-Camp program by the Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy provides a pre-season platform to develop football skill, passion for the game and a chance to compete against other flag teams from across the country in a fun and exciting bracket style pre-season tournament.
For the Flag Fest team competition, the same NFL Flag rules and regulations apply (click here for Rules).
For competitive play and registration purposes, the team and athlete breakdown will follow these guidelines:
- 8U – Co-Ed
- 10U – Co-Ed
- 11U - 12U – Co-Ed
- 13-14U – Boys Division
- 13-14U - Girls Division
June 1st will serve as the age cut-off for all athletes.
Teams are allowed to attend as organic teams from their own league or add athletes to build a team to participate and compete in the event.
All flag teams that play NFL flag football and all independent teams are invited to attend the event.